Sunday, August 24, 2008

Kayti's birth story

Kayti was MUCH easier than Dylan! lol Although she was SIX days overdue, I went into labor with her shortly after my exam that day. He'd told me I was 2 cm's and if I hadn't gone by the morning to come back in and he would induce. Well, the contractions started around lunchtime and all I could think was "my house is a mess and my nails are not done!" I wanted everything to be absolutely PERFECT! lol

So I ran around cleaning and went to get my nails done. I took my little sister with me and sat there and got my nails done while my contractions where about 8 minutes apart. Got home and around 4 or so, they became about 6 minutes apart and Jeff was telling me I oughta go ahead and call since I was already dilated this time and all so I did and the doc told me to come on in. I called my best friend to tell her they were 6 min apart and we were going to the hospital and while I was talking to her she said, "Honey, I think they are closer than 6 min" and she was right. They had become like 3 minutes! 

So we got to the hospital and I was already 5 cms! They asked me if I wanted the epi. Now after my horrid epi experience with Dylan I had decided I was going to wait as long as possible and try not to have one at all because with him, by the time I got it and it took and all, the worst part was over with anyway and then I couldn't walk for 2 days! But....I caved to pain and got it. This time though, everything worked like it was supposed to and I just relaxed and watched the Braves' game and went it was over, I was at 10! I pushed for about 15 minutes and at 10:08 p.m., she was here--all 6 lbs 14 oz. of her! She was so beautiful! And such a good baby--she hardly even cried, only when my MIL was holding her! LOL

I got to nurse right away and Dylan came into the delivery room and he was so sweet! We had let him pick out one of her names and he had decided on "Sara" after "Cera"--the little dinosaur on The Land Before Time! He walked in and I asked him what her name was and he said, "Hey, Sara Kaytlan!" Then he wanted to see the "special place" where the doctor took the baby out of mommy! LOL





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home